The first day is coming closer and we can't wait to see all of our amazing Rock Canyon students! Attached is the student supply lists that will keep your students ready and prepared for this...
We are growing a storybook pumpkin patch, and we need your help!
- Design your pumpkin based on your favorite character from that book.
- Purchase a pumpkin that is no larger in size than a basketball.
- Gather your decorating supplies.
- Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run, and spray paint will gradually dissolve the pumpkin. You can add materials, like yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
- Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting, or poking holes in it.
- Bring your pumpkin and page to Media Center from Oct.23rd-28th
- Take your pumpkin home on Thursday, October 31st.
If your child needs help getting it home, please make plans to do this.
All pumpkins that are left behind will be thrown away by 3:00 that afternoon.
Participation is completely voluntary. This is not a contest.
Prizes will be given when you drop off your pumpkin in the library.
Have fun and be creative! No carved, poked or cut pumpkins!